We are delighted to be able to welcome you to By The Byre!
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our staff, guests, business partners and contractors. To this end we are taking some active steps to protect everybody against Covid-19, so all you have to do, is enjoy your holiday!
Our commitment to you:
To minimise the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure that By The Byre Holidays is a safe place to visit, we are undertaking a number of additional safety measures, these include:
- We use a professional cleaning company that specialises in cleaning leisure properties. They will be using an enhanced cleaning regime in all of our properties following the latest government guidelines (see https://www.pascuk.co.uk/standards).
- We are leaving 24 hours between stays wherever possible to allow us extra time for our enhanced cleaning regime.
- We will temporarily not be offering any mid-stay cleans.
- Every property will be 'fogged' with disinfectant certified specifically for use against coronavirus.
- All of our laundry is processed by a commercial laundry company and washing is undertaken according to Government guidelines.
- All internal laundry (tea towels, dishcloths, pillow and mattress protectors etc) will be washed at their highest setting.
- We have taken the decision to close our reception for the time being and ask that you contact us by telephone during your stay with any questions that you may have. It would be really appreciated if you could phone before 7.00pm whenever possible. Obviously in an emergency then please phone at any time – the Management Team live on site and will be able to assist.
- We have had to restrict access to the communal laundry room that contains the washer/dryers for the cottages. In the event that you need to access the laundry facilities or require fresh linen because of illness, or an accident then please contact the Site Management team to arrange access.
- Regrettably we have had to remove some items that it is not possible to clean to the enhanced requirements such as DVD's, toys, books, games/puzzles, outdoor sport equipment and our outdoor playhouse. We have also removed some soft furnishings such as bed runners and scatter cushions, apologies if our beds look a bit bare!
- We shall continue to provide cots, stairgates and highchairs upon request. Naturally these will have been thoroughly cleaned before your arrival.
- We have removed all tourist information from the properties although we are happy to offer suggestions and advice should you need it. Please contact the Site Management for recommendations.
- We have removed our maintenance books from each property but please let us know of any issues, no matter how small.
- Addition of hand sanitizer to the outside of every property.
- All keys will have been sanitised in advance of your arrival.
Play your part, how you can help us:
- Don’t travel if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, please call our team on 01373 830381 for alternative options in line with our booking T&Cs.
- Please use the hand gel and antibacterial spray provided.
- Please ensure your hands are cleaned regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Please contact us by phone or text message, unless essential please don’t pop in and see us.
- If you feel unwell, please follow the latest government guidelines. If you have to stay in your property longer that your booked stay, additional charges will apply.
- Always observe social distancing rules as per the latest government guidelines, both on site and in the local community.
- Please dispose of all used tissues, nappies and sanitary products in the lidded bins provide.
- Please strip all beds and place all linen, towels etc in the bathtubs to help protect our cleaning staff.
- Please check out on time (10am).
- Respect our team and fellow guests, we are all trying our best in these difficult times.
- Have a great stay!
Thank you, take care, and we hope you have a great holiday!